Changes to Forest Lake in accordance with Queensland Government mandates – 1 April 2021
The Queensland Government has announced that the hard lockdown of Greater Brisbane will end at 12pm on Thursday 1 April.
However, until Thursday 15 April, there will be an extension of some restrictions, including:
- There will be a requirement to continue to wear a mask in indoor settings, including shopping centres, retail outlets, gyms and indoor recreational facilities, along with a requirement to carry one at all times. The Government also recommends people wear a mask when outdoors if you are unable to stay more than 1.5 metres from other people, such as busy walkways and thoroughfares. See the Queensland Government COVID-19 page for a full list of locations.
- While restaurants and cafes can reopen for seated eating and drinking, standing service remains prohibited.
- Density limits will return to the one person per two square metres rule
We have implemented a number of measures to assist us and our community in adhering to this directive, including:
- All Centre staff and contractors will be required to wear masks while at work, unless they have a valid reason not to.
- Signage that clearly reminds our community that they must adhere to the government mandate and not enter the Centre without a face mask unless they are exempt.
- Close work with local Police in monitoring our community’s adherence to this new directive, reminding our community of this directive and asking those that aren’t wearing face masks, without a valid reason, to leave the Centre.
For more information on what these latest directives mean for you please visit https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19/current-status/urgent-covid-19-update.
Keeping you safe at Forest Lake Shopping Centre
Our community’s health and wellbeing is our overriding priority and we continue to maintain a range of measures to help keep you safe when you visit Forest Lake Shopping Centre. These include:
- Strengthening our already stringent cleaning processes, including a heightened focus on sanitising high-touch points with high-grade disinfectant, as well as increasing the number of cleaning rotations each day.
- Placement of hand sanitiser stations at key locations throughout the centre, including our main centre entrances for our entire community to access.
- Installation of signage across our Centre, reminding our community to keep 1.5 metres between themselves and others at all times, as well as the placement of Australian Government-issued information posters in our bathrooms which outline crucial information on how you can help stop the spread of COVID-19.
How you can help
While visiting Forest Lake Shopping Centre, we ask that you continue to play your role in keeping our community safe. This means:
- Social distancing – always keep at least 1.5 metres between yourself and others
- Exemplary personal hygiene – wash your hands regularly and use the sanitiser stations located throughout the Centre for your convenience
- Handle illness safely – cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue, and most importantly, stay at home if you’re feeling unwell.
- Adhere to the capacity guidelines – currently in QLD the one in two square metre rule applies. Please adhere to retailer maximum capacity numbers which are outlined at their store entrance.
- Plan your visit – due to restricted numbers in our restaurants and beauty salons please ensure you contact individual retailers to book your visit.
We ask for your support in ensuring Forest Lake Shopping Centre continues to be a place of kindness and compassion for all our customers and staff throughout this unprecedented situation.
To keep up to date with the latest announcements regarding COVID-19, including case locations, we encourage you to visit QLD Health’s website at https://www.health.qld.gov.au/.
With all that said, we remain open for business and sincerely look forward to seeing you at Forest Lake Shopping Centre.