Picture your own choice of fresh toppings, dough made from scratch (or you can buy premade bases to speed things up) and best of all, the ability to create your very own signature personal pizza.
So, if you’re looking for nights where you want to get the kids involved in the kitchen while having a great time as a family, then read on for our tips on how to get a slice of the action and throw the best homemade pizza night!
Pizza Base – You can buy premade bases, flatbreads or even wraps from the supermarket to build your pizza on or you can whip your own fresh dough with this super easy recipe.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 8 g dry yeast
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3/4 cup lukewarm water
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and add oil and water.
- Mix to a soft dough.
- Knead on a floured surface until soft and pliable.
- Return to the mixing bowl and cover with cling wrap and leave in a warm spot for 30 minutes. The dough should double in size.
- Once it has risen, ‘punch’ the dough once to remove any air bubbles.
- Remove from the bowl and knead gently for 1 minute.
- Roll the dough out to desired size and add favourite toppings.
- Cook for 20 minutes, or until the dough has cooked through.
Line your base with sauce – Once your base is prepared, now it’s time to spread your favourite tomato pizza sauce and a generous sprinkle of shredded mozzarella cheese on top.
Build your pizza bar – Gather a variety of veggies, meats and cheeses from the fridge and place in bowls on the kitchen bench. Have the kids pick and choose the toppings that they like and place them on top of the pizza base.
Now it’s time to place the family’s pizza masterpieces into the oven (preheated to 180°) for 8-10 minutes.
Add mozzarella or parmesan cheese on top. Slice, tuck in and enjoy!