We love this classic recipe from household favourite Jamie Oliver. It only takes around 3 or 4 minutes to make and it’s a family winner every time!
Ingredients (Serves 2 – double the recipe the more!)
- 565ml full cream or semi-skimmed milk
- 2 tablespoons of good-quality drinking chocolate
- 1 handful marshmallows
- Sugar (optional)
- Cream to top (optional)
- First, put the milk into a pan. Bring to a simmer – not a boil – and while it’s heating, put a tablespoon of choccie powder and sugar, if using, into each mug. Add a little warmish milk from the pan to each mug – you just need enough to dissolve the chocolate powder. At this point, plonk a few marshmallows into each mug. When the milk is at a simmer, carefully pour it into a plastic jug or flask. It’s recommended that you do this over a sink in case of spillage (the trick is to have a big enough jug or flask so the milk only half fills it – you need the extra space for shaking and frothing).
- Screw the lid on tightly, place a cloth over the lid for safety, and shake hard for a minute. Remove the lid, minding the steam, and pour the milk into your mugs.
- A little stir, and you can slurp your way to hot chocolate heaven!
Optional: Add a sprinkle of cinnamon on top for that extra festive feel.